Table of Contents
- Sources of Information
- Our Use of Your Information
- Disclosures of Your Personal Information within EQT Option
- Disclosures of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy
- Other Important Information
- Other Privacy Policies or Statements
- Do Not Track Signals
2. Sources of Information
The personal information we collect about you comes primarily from the information that you provide to us during the course of your relationship with us. We may also collect information about your transactions and experiences with us relating to your use of the Site and/or the Products. In addition, depending on the Products that we provide to you, we may obtain additional information about you from third parties.
When you interact with the Site on a social media platform, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us relating to that platform, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
Finally, in the provision of Products to you, information may be collected about you indirectly through monitoring or other means (for example, monitoring emails and information collected through your use of the Site). By communicating with us, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
Information That You Provide
When you visit the Site, apply for a Product, establish a customer relationship with us, use a Product or otherwise interact with us, the typical information we may collect about you depends on the Product and may include:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email and other contact details and similar information;
- Other personal information that you disclose as part of any Product enrollment, account application or in other communications with us.
Of course, you are not required to supply any of the personal information that we request. However, your failure to do so may result in our being unable to open or maintain an account or to provide Products to you. You agree to promptly notify us if there are any changes to your personal information by updating your online account.
Automatically Collected Information
We may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. In addition, in some instances, location information can be derived from your IP address or through your wi-fi connection. You can change whether you share specific geo-location information in your device settings; however, some Products or features on the Site may not function properly without this information.
3. Our Use of Your Information
We use your information to provide you with Products and information and to help us personalize and continually improve the Site and Products, including fulfilling requests for information, processing applications, analyzing and compiling trends and statistics and communicating with you.
We may also use your information to:
- Contact you through various channels, including mail, telephone, text message, in-app and Site messaging, and email, in connection with your Products;
- Provide you with customized information and reports, tailored content and marketing messages;
- Authenticate your identity, including during the application process;
- Support our internal business operations, including assessing and managing risk and fulfilling our legal and regulatory requirements;
- Comply with contractual obligations, relevant industry standards and our policies;
- Mitigate fraud, enhance the security of your Products and our online services and manage institutional risk;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new Products and services; improving existing Products and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Improve Site performance and personalize your experience with the Site;
- Notify you about changes to the Site, Products and policies;
- Perform analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- Respond to your requests and otherwise fulfill any purpose for which you provide to us;
- For any other purpose that we disclose at the time you provide, or when we collect, your information; and
- Other purposes permitted by applicable law.
In addition to the above, we may use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
We also may use or combine information that we collect offline or that we receive from third-party sources for many reasons, including to enhance, expand and check the accuracy of our records. Additionally, data collected from a particular browser, device or application may be used with or to recognize you on another browser, device or application linked to you.
We provide you with certain communication choices relating to certain types of communications and information sharing. You may also receive a privacy notice in connection with certain Products that you receive from us describing certain communication choices associated with that Product. You can exercise your communications choices by updating your online account or following any instructions contained in our privacy notices or marketing materials.
4. Disclosures of Your Personal Information within EQT Option
In order to provide efficient and reliable Products and to improve product and service options available to you, more than one entity within EQT Option may be given, or given access to, your personal information. For example, one EQT Option entity might share your information with another in order to assist in the account application process, for the maintenance of your accounts or for other purposes permissible under applicable law. When we share your personal information in this way, we adhere to all applicable legal requirements regarding the sharing and protection of personal information. The privacy notice for an applicable Product may have information about your rights and choices regarding sharing your personal information within EQT Option. Additional information on how your personal information is protected while within EQT Option is provided below, under Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy.
5. Disclosures of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
We only share your personally identifiable information with third parties as described below. In addition, we may share information that does not specifically and personally identify you, such as aggregated information, device identifiers or other unique identifiers to third parties.
We will not sell information that personally identifies you to any third party for their own marketing purposes.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your personal information with non-affiliated companies that perform support services for us or in connection with any Product that you apply for or may receive from us (“Third-Party Service Providers”). Third-Party Service Providers that assist us are required to protect any non-public personally identifiable information that they receive from us and to use that information only for the purposes that we instructor for other business purposes as permitted by law.
Law Enforcement, Legal Process and Emergency Situations
Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations. Examples include responding to a subpoena or similar legal process, protecting against fraud and cooperating with law enforcement or regulatory authorities. We may also disclose your information if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our employees, customers or others, or to enforce our contractual rights.
Sale, Assignment or Change of Control
In the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of any or all of our assets or liabilities, some of the personal information that we hold may be among the assets or liabilities transferred to a buyer or other successor. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or liabilities or any line of business, change in ownership control or financing transaction.
6. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Like many websites, we use tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies. We may also use these technologies to, when applicable, record your preferences, track your use of the Site across multiple devices, measure exposure to our online advertisements, monitor traffic, analyze use of the Site, for security purposes, to display information more effectively, to personalize a user’s experience, and to improve the Site and make the Site easier to use.
You have choices to limit some tracking mechanisms that collect information when you use the Site. Many web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of the Site may not function properly or may not remain accessible to you. In addition, you may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting or removing their associated cookies. Note that, if you choose to remove cookies, you may remove opt-out cookies that affect your advertising preferences.
For more information about your choices, see Interest-Based Advertising below.
Cookies are small text files that may be placed on your device when you visit the Site or when you view advertisements that we have placed on other websites. Cookies allow your browser to remember some specific information which the web server can later retrieve and use. When you quit your browser, some cookies are stored in your computer’s memory, while some expire or disappear.
Tags, Pixels, Web Beacons, Clear GIFs
A web beacon, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is typically a one-pixel, transparent image located on a webpage or in an email. These may be used when you are served with advertisements, when you interact with advertisements outside of our online services or when you interact with our communications. They are generally used to transmit information back to a web server.
Interest-based advertising refers to collecting information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, and other online services to deliver advertisements to users of that device based on their web-viewing behavior. We use interest-based advertising to deliver advertisements and other targeted content to you. To facilitate interest-based advertising, we partner with third-party advertising companies who also use these tracking tools to provide advertisements on the Site or other websites. These third parties may use these technologies to collect information about you when you use the Site and your other online activities. They may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may also use persistent identifiers to track your Internet usage across other websites and devices in their networks beyond the Site. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content.
If you choose to opt-out, a cookie will be placed on your browser or device indicating your decision. This cookie is specific to a particular device and browser, so if you use different browsers or devices, you will need to opt-out on each. In addition, because the opt-out is facilitated via cookies, if you clear your cookies you will need to opt-out again.
Below is a list of the companies that place cookies and use similar technologies on the Site in order to provide services to EQT Option. These companies may change, and we will update this list from time to time, but it may not always be a fully updated list. Because these companies may share the information they collect on the EQT Option with other third parties, those third parties may also set cookies.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Google AdWords: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
- Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Google DoubleClick: https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2839090
- Intercom: https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#privacy_choices
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931/manage-advertising-preferences
- Twitter: https://business.twitter.com/en/help/troubleshooting/how-twitter-ads-work.html
- WordPress: https://en.wordpress.com/tos/
- Youtube: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies
7. Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We seek to limit access to your personal information to authorized employees, agents, contractors or vendors. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure while in our possession.
8. Other Important Information
You must be an individual of at least eighteen (18) years of age and reside in the Cayman Islands in order to use the Site. If you do use the Site outside of the Cayman Islands, you understand and consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection, processing and storage of your personal information in, the Cayman Islands and elsewhere. The laws in the Cayman Islands and these countries regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country.
9. Other Privacy Policies or Statements
10. Do Not Track Signals